Dr Kaustav was instrumental in setting up the department of radiation oncology at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital which is today one of the largest and most specialized Radiation Oncology departments in the country. Dr Kaustav played a pivotal role in placing the department at a national and international level. He has been instrument in setting up the prestigious international school for stereotactic rasdiosurgery in association with Varian, a first of its kind in Asia .
He practices evidence based radiation oncology and has keen interest in quality of life issues of cancer patients. Already since the inception of this department he has pioneered, it to be one of the very few centres in the country to start PET based radiotherapy planning.
- Treated over 10,000 patients for radiation under his care
- More than 1,000 patients of head and neck IMRT; one of the largest in the country
- One of the largest experiences in India for PET based planning
- More than 50 lung stereotactic cases
- More than 500 cases of Stereotactic Radiosurgery and SBRT
- Treated more than 2,500 breast cancer patients
Speciality - Radiology
Special Interest - Cancer/Radiation Oncology