Parkinson's disease is caused because of a disorder in the central nervous system, which develops tremors and various complications in mobility. If you are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, you can consult with Best neurologists in India who are highly qualified and well experienced in treating your Parkinson’s symptoms.
Symptoms and signs of Parkinson’s Disease
Symptoms of Parkinson's usually start with a tremor in one hand. At the same time you might experience other symptoms such as stiffness, loss of balance and slow movement.
- Tremor may develop in the limbs, hands or sometimes postural changes.
- Stiffness of muscles can cause difficulties in walking, standing, movements of body parts, muscle rigidity, coordination difficulties, slow mobility of body or rhythmic contractions of muscles.
- Sleeping disorders that include disturbed restless sleep, awakening early, and nightmares.
- Fatigue, imbalance of the body and dizziness.
- Amnesia or dementia or difficulty in understanding.
- Voice box spasms or difficulty in speaking.
- Loss of smell.
- Leakage of urine problems.
- Apathy or Anxiety
- Facial jaw stiffness and other complications.
Diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease
There is no specific method of tests to diagnose Parkinson’s Disease and it is essential that you Consult with the Best Neurologist in India, who will recommend further tests after evaluating your medical history, physical examination and other symptoms.
- The doctor will recommend a few important tests such as the single-photon emission computerized tomography (SPECT) scan, which is also known as Dopamine transporter (DAT) scan.
- Blood tests are performed to check if the symptoms are caused by other health problems.
- Neurologists may recommend imaging tests such as ultrasound for brain, MRI and PET scans.
Treatment options for Parkinson’s disease
Parkinson's disease treatment cannot cure the symptoms, but medicines are given to control the signs and in more advanced cases surgery might be recommended.
- Medicines are given to increase the level of dopamine, which has the ability to stimulate dopamine receptors in the brain for controlling Parkinson’s Disease symptoms.
- Antidepressant medications are prescribed for stabilising the mind and giving relief from depression symptoms and anxiety disorders.
- Cognition-enhancing medication is advised for improvement of brain function, balancing your mood and for decreasing blood pressure.
- Anti-Tremor medications help in controlling unsteadiness, shaking and tremors.
However, consult with your Neurologist regarding your issues and take medications prescribed by them.
Exercise plays a crucial role in treating Parkinson’s disease. It is an important component for patients with Parkinson’s to maintain proper balance, perform everyday activities and for mobility. Studies reveal that physical activities and exercises also help in easing Parkinson’s symptoms such as constipation or depression.
Types of exercises
- Your exercise program for managing Parkinson’s disease symptoms, your exercise routine should include the following vital components:
- Strength Training
- Aerobic activity
- Multitasking and balance
These four elements are included in various exercises such as gardening, yoga, golfing, dancing and meditation. The speech-language pathologist will help in improving your speech if you have any issues.
3. Surgical procedures
Surgical procedures might be recommended for placing electrodes and location of devices while there is stimulation in the brain.
4. Deep brain stimulation
Deep brain stimulation is Parkinson's Disease Treatments in India that is performed by surgeons to implant electrodes into a specific part of the brain. These electrodes connected to a generator implanted in your chest area will send electrical stimulation to your brain. This treatment may reduce symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
How is DBS performed?
Deep brain stimulation is often performed on patients in advanced stages of Parkinson's disease for stabilising medication fluctuations and reducing tremor, and improving mobility. This treatment is done with wires connected to a medical device implanted underneath your collarbone skin, which is designed to deliver electrical currents to specific areas of the brain.
There are billions of nerve cells called neurons functioning in the human brain. They use chemical and electrical signals for communicating with each other. Normal-strength and activities of the neurons and brain functioning is decreased, due to diverse chronic conditions of the brain. Deep brain stimulation optimizes the functioning of neurons and treats Parkinson’s disease efficiently.
5. MRI-guided focused ultrasound
MRI-GUIDED focused ultrasound is considered as minimally invasive treatment, which can help Parkinson’s patients to manage and control tremors. MRI guides the ultrasound to those areas in the brain from where the tremors develop. The ultrasound waves are adjusted to be at high temperature, which will burn those areas developing tremors.
Prevention of Parkinson’s disease
Eating a healthy nutritious diet is a key element for living a Parkinson’s free lifestyle. You should follow a healthy diet everyday for optimum relief.
Regularly you should include fruits, green vegetables, and organic foods. Choose foods rich in antioxidants, minerals, healthy fats, protein and vitamins. Avoid eating foods high in carbohydrates and chemicals.
Following a regular routine of physical activities and exercises may increase the functioning capacity of your brain. Movement of the body during exercises will increase blood flow to brain cells, which elevates oxygen level and protects new resultant neurons. Being physically active is the best way to prevent Parkinson’s disease.
Getting ample sleep is another crucial element for preventing Parkinson’s and keeping your brain functioning perfectly. During sleep your brain will remain active enough to clear toxins, establish connections and consolidate memories, which keeps your brain healthy and prevents Parkinson’s disease.
- Management of stress
Human brain normal functioning capacity is lost causing Parkinson’s disease, when any upsetting situations cause immense pressure, stress and panic attack. Long-term stress and depression can cause dopamine depletion and damage your brain. Relaxation techniques, medicines given by Top Neurology Hospitals in India and meditation can help in preventing Parkinson’s and rejuvenating your drooping spirit.
For a personalised treatment plan,video consultation with top doctors.
Click the below button