Considering there are numerous types of Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) available and more effective procedures being added to the list every day, In-vitro fertilization or IVF treatment is known to be the most impressive so far, deriving a greater success rate. It occupies almost 99% of ART techniques and more people are opting for IVF and Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection every day. However, it is always possible that IVF might not be effective in your case as there are various factors that lead to the success and failure of this treatment and they all vary from person to person. Here are some of them mentioned below that you’ll hear about once you get in touch with an IVF specialist in India:
- Infertility Issue: The success rate of IVF treatment is high in some medical conditions while some situations make it difficult for the patients to conceive. For instance, IVF is more likely to be successful on someone who has a tubal blockage in comparison to a recurrent miscarriage problem or thin endometrium. Fertility specialists in India suggest that this treatment in women is negatively affected by uterine abnormalities, exposure to DES, fibroids, and latent tuberculosis.
- Age of The Patient: Age is one of the determining factors deciding the success rate of the IVF rate and women of the older age have lesser chances of success. As the both quantity and quality of the egg declines with age and fertility specialists in India decide the protocol of ovarian stimulation and they generally transfer 5 embryos in such cases.
- Infertility Duration: The period of infertility is closely related to the success rate of IVF as the increasing age decreases the chances of this treatment getting successful. Egg donation can be the only solution for it.
- History of Pregnancy: The previous pregnancy or recurrent miscarriage can be an alarming factor for the patients who are about to receive the IVF treatment.
- Dysfunction of Ovaries: Ovarian dysfunction plays a vital role in deciding the positive impact of IVF. For people who hold a high level of FSH and low levels of AMH in which the hormones are high, the success rate is usually low.
- Double Infertility: There are cases in which both husband and wife suffer from infertility issues, and those are the chances in which the IVF specialists in India consider the success rate of this treatment very low.
- Involvement of Donor: If the women about to receive treatment are over 35-40 years of age, it is quite possible that the fertility specialist in India will recommend choosing eggs from young females to increase the success of the IVF. This method has proven to succeed in over 55% of cases of infertility treatment.
Apart from these scientific reasons affecting the treatment, there are various other habits involved that control the success rate of IVF treatment. Some of them are given below:
- Lifestyle habits and the way that people live their life also affect the patients and their response to the IVF treatment.
- Smoking is a habit that needs to be changed before three months of receiving the treatment to improve the chance of pregnancy. A high dose of hormone to stimulate the ovary reduces the rate of IVF and smoking also implantation rate. Smokers also require a larger number of IVF cycles to get the baby and the fertilization rates are low in such people along with the speed count.
- Obesity is related to the lowered rate of success of In Vitro Fertilization in women. Even the women who are underweight are likely to have a lower success rate when it comes to this fertility treatment. In men, obesity causes low sperm count and motility along with erectile dysfunction.
- Most infertility specialists in India recommend moderate exercise to increase pregnancy rates in women. In men, an hour of exercise three times a week results in an improved sperm count and also increases the motility rate.
- The excessive consumption of caffeine is considered as a negative factor when it comes to delays in the time conception. Even the moderate intake of caffeine also results in a lower pregnancy rate and an increased rate of miscarriage.
- Those who consume large amounts of alcohol also face a decreased fertility rate and taking 4 drinks every week is not favorable for the success of IVF treatment in the patients. In men, heavy intake of alcohol results in a reduced number of sperms and leads to a larger number of abnormally appearing sperms. Tests have proved that after three months of abstinence, patients show tremendous improvement in the semen parameters.
- The use of recreational drugs like marijuana leads to infertility in women. Men also face ejaculation problems and impotency issues along with lower sperm count and morality. However, the negative effects of these recreational drugs can be nullified by stopping their usage.
Indian doctors are highly skilled and experienced to help you fulfill your IVF dreams despite the risks mentioned above. IVF treatment in India has been improving a lot in recent times and being a hot spot for such patients from all over the world, IVF centers are providing highly-advanced facilities for their convenience. IVF video consultation in India is one of the major reasons why patients are getting better treatment from all corners without doing the legwork. Along with that, online video consultation in India for IVF has made it quite commodious for the doctors as well to do the follow-ups and advise the patient for their benefit.