It is an undeniable fact that people can almost feel the ultimate happiness of their lives once they hear that they are going to be parents. And why not? Becoming a parent is a heavenly feeling and sooner or later, everyone craves for the same. Having a baby is quite natural; we all know that women go into labor after 9 months of pregnancy and give birth to a new life. A healthy baby is born and after a brief period, the mother and child are allowed to go home. However, not all the pregnancies go as planned and specialists have named them high-risk pregnancies. A pregnancy is declared to be involving high-risk when there are potential complications that can jeopardize the life of the baby and the mother as well. Such cases require the involvement of top gynec hospitals in India and their specialized teams to ensure the safety of both of these lives.
Risk factors that lead to high-risk pregnancies:
- The age of the mother: The most common factor that is involved in high-risk pregnancies is maternal age. All those women who are about to-be-mother under the age of 17 or after the age of 35 carry a greater exposure to risk during pregnancy. Those who have crossed 40 years of age are at a greater risk of miscarriage and genetic defects.
- Medical Conditions: If the mother is suffering from conditions like high blood pressure, sexually transmitted diseases, lung, kidney, heart complications, HIV, and diabetes, it presents a risk for the unborn child also. Even if the family has had a history of genetic disorders, it can bring risk to the pregnancy. In such cases, it is very vital for the mother to consult one of the best gynaecologists in India, so that the doctor can suggest medication and update you with the precautions that can take good care of the health of your baby. Some medical conditions may occur during the pregnancy even if the mother is healthy and doesn’t have any history of the same she may develop problems. There are two important conditions that arise especially during the pregnancy. i.e. preeclampsia and gestational diabetes.
- Preeclampsia is a syndrome that is known for causing high blood pressure, releasing urinary protein and swelling as well, which can be fatally harmful to the mother and the child. This condition requires special attention and the baby can be born healthy.
- Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that is diagnosed during pregnancy. However, women suffering from this disease can be treated successfully if they consult gynaecologist in India, various health-plans can be developed in order to resolve the complications during the delivery.
- Pregnancy-related problems: Sometimes pregnancies fall into the category of higher-risk because of the issues that are solely caused during the pregnancy and not caused by the mother’s health.
- Premature labor is one of the many reasons why mothers face health threats during pregnancy. It usually starts before 37 weeks of pregnancy and there are other factors like shortened cervix, infections and preterm birth.
- When the mother is carrying more than one baby or has various pregnancies, it is usually known for increasing the risk of premature labor, gestational diabetes, high blood pressure that is pregnancy-induced.
- Placenta previa, in which the cervix is covered by the placenta, is also a condition in which risk during the pregnancies gets higher. The symptoms include bleeding whenever the mother feels contractions and if it still occurs around the pregnancy, the top obstetrician hospitals in India and the team recommend a cesarean section to eliminate the risk of bleeding to save the mother and baby.
- Fetal problems are basically the structural problems that are seen in almost 2-3% of the babies on the ultrasound. Sometimes family history in fetal problems is also responsible for the complications arising during the pregnancy.
Ways to Prevent and Treat Pregnancy Complications:
It is not necessary that if the mother is suffering from any sort of disease or health condition or not, all the best obstetricians in India recommend an appointment. This preconception consultation guides the patients to remain healthy and give birth to a healthy baby. Here are some of the suggestions given by the doctors that can be taken by the patients to reduce the risk of several health problems:
- Take at least 400 micrograms of folic acid on a daily basis before and continuing through the pregnancy.
- Use proper immunization
- Maintain a healthy diet and focus on maintaining a proper weight.
- Involve yourself in more physical activities, if the Doctor hasn’t recommended you otherwise.
- Keep cigarettes, alcohol and drugs at bay
- Consult an obstetrician in India via VanyaHealth with your doctor on a regular basis.
In case of a high-risk pregnancy, your doctor might refer you to a specialist known as a perinatologist. A perinatologist, sometimes also referred to as a maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) specialist, is an obstetrician-gynecologist (OB/GYN) who specializes in high-risk pregnancy. The top gynecology hospitals in India, hold a great team of nurses, specialists, and other healthcare professionals who are dedicated to bringing out the best results for you and your child out of every treatment.