Minimal Invasive Surgery is a surgery that requires no or only a few small incisions, rather than a large incision therefore it is also called Keyhole Surgery. Surgical instruments are then passed through small incisions, hence less damage is done to the body as compared to open surgery. This surgery’s goal is to manage each patient’s problem uniquely and achieve the utmost result with the least possible impact and disruption to their life.
There is the best obstetrics hospital in India that has experienced, trained doctors for minimally invasive gynecologic procedures. They are specialized in treating complex gynecological problems such as large fibroids, ovarian cysts, heavy menstrual periods, irregular menstrual periods, and advanced endometriosis. The minimally invasive surgery has proved to reduce discomfort, inconvenience, and expense in patients.
What are The Benefits of Minimally Invasive Surgery?
There are various types of benefits of Minimally Invasive Surgery that include physical and psychological.
- Smaller Incisions: Unlike other surgeries, this surgery uses small incisions and as a result, you will experience less discomfort.
- Less Pain: This surgery causes less pain and less discomfort. Patients do not require large doses of pain relievers with this surgery.
- Shorter Hospital Stay: The patients do not have to stay for many days in the hospital they can soon go home and return to their daily activities.
- Faster Recovery: As this surgery requires smaller incisions, it enables you to heal faster than traditional open surgery.
- Less Scaring: Because this type of surgery requires smaller incisions, that means the scars will be less noticeable. It only takes a few stitches to close the incisions.
- Increased Accuracy: Compared to traditional surgery Minimally Invasive Surgery has higher accuracy. Because it uses a camera it enables the surgeons to have a better visualization of your internal organs.
- Psychological: The Physical benefits will indirectly benefit the psychological benefits. Patients are relieved to get the surgery done in the morning and soon get back to their routine life. Hence, it is less burdensome on the patients and their loved ones.
While consulting the gynecologist in India you will get to know the benefits and differences between Minimal Invasive Surgery and open surgery and which is more beneficial in your case, after studying through all your tests briefly they will decide which surgery is best for your body and your problem.
Which are The Types of Minimal Access Surgery?
- Laparoscopy: The doctor makes 3-4 small incisions to insert a laparoscope which is a narrow tube with a camera and light source and surgical instruments to access the surgical site.
- Hysteroscopy: In this surgery, the surgeon inserts a narrow-lit camera and instrument through the vagina to access the uterus with no incision.
What are The Innovative Treatment Options in Minimal Invasive Surgery?
When you consult an Obstetrician in India they will discuss with you innovative treatment options that involve one of these minimally invasive gynecologic approaches.
- Hysteroscopic Surgery: This technique requires minimal time and does not require any incision.
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery: This effective technique requires shorter hospital stays, less discomfort, and a shorter recovery period. This technique involves no cutting of the uterine tissue and most women can be normal in a week.
- Robotic Surgery: This technique has the same benefits as advanced laparoscopy, it allows the surgeon to operate with increased precision and accuracy and also minimizing trauma to surrounding tissues.
- Vaginal Surgery: This is the most minimally invasive approach to major gynecologic surgery. This surgery has all of the recovery advantages associated with robotic surgery and laparoscopic, while also avoiding abdominal incisions.
Does Minimal Surgery Involve Any Risk?
It’s generally less risky than traditional surgery. But like any surgery there involves some risks like complications with anesthesia, bleeding, and infection. The best obstetrics hospitals in India take care of all the possible complications that can happen.
The Bottom Line:
Minimally Invasive techniques have helped transform gynecologic surgery, advancements are being made even now to make the procedure more efficient, safer, and even widen the scope of surgery. Minimally Invasive Surgery offers a host of advantages, due to its various advantages many hospitals have successfully included in their hospitals. And due to the experienced doctors and effective treatments, teleconsultation in India has become successful.