Knee Replacement in India has flourished with exceptional advancements made in Orthopaedic Treatment. You might be experiencing discomfort and pain while performing even simple physical activities like climbing up the stairs or walking or bending or even sitting etc.
Initially, these knee pains can be treated with proper medications, exercises and using support while walking. Total Knee Replacement Surgery will be recommended by your Orthopaedic doctors when these nonsurgical knee pain treatment options are not helping relieve the pain. This is an effective and safest treatment option for correcting deformities in the leg, relieving knee pain and helping people recover to perform normal activities without any complications.
Causes for the knee pain replacement surgery
Arthritis could be considered the common cause of chronic weakness and pain in the knees. There are many arthritis types and most of the pain in the knee is caused because of the following three types.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is an arthritis type that occurs in old aged people and in emergency cases young patients can also be affected. In this arthritis type, the curtilage that is cushioning in-between knee bones wears away and softens. Therefore, the bones start rubbing against each other causing friction, stiffness and pain.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: When the synovial membrane surrounding the knee joint is thickened or inflamed, then the disease is known as rheumatoid arthritis. Severe inflammation in the joints can cause damage to the cartilage that results in stiffness, pain and cartilage breakage. Rheumatoid arthritis patients with dangerous conditions do not show any improvements even after medicines and physiotherapies are recommended for this treatment.
- Post-traumatic arthritis: Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after you experience a serious injury to the knee. The articular cartilage might be damaged because of knee ligaments tear or fractures of knee bones. Over time cartilage damage can limit the proper functioning of the knee along with chronic knee pain.
People with certain types of deformities like bow legs can also seek a doctor's guidance for knee replacement surgery, to restore the knee position.
Symptoms for knee replacement
- Pain is the first noticeable sign that your knee is damaged. If you do not Consult Best Orthopedics in India and get proper timely treatment, your pain will start increasing.
- Morning Stiffness is the most common symptom in patients struggling with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Swelling and warmth are other signs of people suffering from chronic knee pain because of rheumatoid arthritis. You might experience chronic pain and difficulty in lifting weights and bending the knee.
These are the few signs that require immediate attention, knee replacement and medical care.
Knee Replacement Surgery
Millions of patients struggling with chronic knee pain and knee injuries have benefited from Knee Replacement Surgery in India. The surgery is performed by highly qualified surgeons with increasing success rates of the surgical procedures. With advancements made in treatments and medical field technology, knee replacement surgery can be performed with less pain using the latest minimum invasive methods.
Techniques of Painless knee replacement surgery
The knee replacement technique is used when the knee is damaged but the muscles surrounding the knee are still connected to the joints. Patients undergoing the surgery will be discharged back home within 4 to 5 days. There is minimum blood loss because the cut is minimum.
Tips to get ready for the surgery
- Inform your surgeon about the medications you are currently taking. If you are taking any blood thinners the doctors will recommend stopping.Quit smoking.
- Avoid eating or drinking the night or a few hours before the surgery.
- In some cases, doctors might ask you to take tests such as X-rays, MRI scans, Electrocardiogram, ECGs etc.
How is knee replacement surgery performed?
The surgery will be performed by an orthopedic surgeon when you do it from the Best Orthopedic Hospital in India and usually, the surgery will be completed in two to three hours.
- First, you will be given general anesthesia or local anesthesia or spinal anesthesia.
- Your vital signs like blood pressure and heart rate will be carefully monitored before and during the surgical procedure.
- Antibiotics will be given for preventing infection.
- Your surgeon will make an incision over the middle layers of your knee. The knife will cut penetrative through the tissues and your skin.
- The surgeon will next remove those portions of your shinbone and thigh, which are damaged. During this process, a small part of the bone will also be removed.
- Metal implants will be placed between the spaces of the joints and then blending them with the remaining portion of the bone.
- A part underneath the knee might also be removed by the surgeon.
- A perfectly designed plastic spacer will be inserted in-between spaces of the metal implants, to reduce friction during movements.
- Then the muscles and skin layers are properly closed.
Postoperative period care
- Pain medications will be provided to relieve the pain you are experiencing in the incision parts.
- You can start eating normal foods in few days after the surgery
- X-rays and other tests may be required to analyse your progress after surgery.
- Hospital stays will be for 2 to 3 days or more according to monitoring your recovery signs.
Follow the instructions given by your surgeons and Orthopedic doctors regarding putting weight or pressure on the operated leg. You might need a walker or cane or crutches for a few weeks until you become comfortable walking without support. Seek the help and guidance of a physiotherapy doctor for strengthening your muscles and bones.
Sometimes you may have to drain the fluids accumulated in the incision areas. Immediately seek help from your doctors if you have chronic pain, chills, and high fever. Ensure you visit your doctor during all your post-surgery appointments to stay healthy and recover earliest.
You can consult with Vanya Health Medical Value Travel in India for painless knee replacement treatment from the best Orthopedic surgeon. They are experts in providing truthful information about the best knee replacement treatment options for you to experience international quality healthcare services. Good luck!
For a personalised treatment plan,video consultation with top doctors.
Click the below button