Lung cancer is the cancer type that originates from the lungs. Lung cancer could be considered as one of the most leading cancers affecting people across the globe. Lung cancer treatment in India is developing brilliantly with advancements made in medical technology and highly qualified Doctors.
Lungs are two organs located in your chest, which is soft and spongy. The chief function of the lungs is to inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide. Thus, your lungs fill your whole body with refreshing oxygen enriched blood that helps in increasing your body’s functioning capacity.
Types of lung cancer
Basically there are two types of lung cancer, which is small cell lung cancer and non-small cell lung cancer.
- Small cell lung cancer is a type of disease in which the cancerous cells develop in the tissues of the lung. Smoking could be considered as the major cause for small cell lung cancer.
- Non–small cell lung cancer occurs in approximately 85% of all lung cancers. It is divided into squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma and large cell carcinoma.
People at high risk of lung cancer
- Second hand smoke, is a situation where you are exposed to cigarette and other forms of tobacco smoke that is breathed out by a smoker. Thus, even non-smokers are exposed automatically to the cancer-causing agents as in smokers.
- Being exposed in your workplace to tar, soot, nickel, beryllium, chromium, arsenic, asbestos etc.
- Family history of cancer, especially lung cancer
- Radiation exposure because of radiation therapy in your chest or breast.
- HIV infection
- Studies reveal that people with smoking habits are at higher risk of getting lung cancer. However, lung cancer can also affect people who have no smoking habits. The number of years and time length of cigarettes smoking, are few factors that will increase your risk of lung cancer. Quitting habits of smoking at any stage can do wonders to your health condition and minimise your chances of developing lung cancer.
Symptoms of lung cancer
Lung cancer in its earliest stages will not show any signs or symptoms in your body. You will be experiencing symptoms only when the disease is in its advanced stages. Seek immediate medical attention from Top lung Cancer hospitals in India that provide quality healthcare services and advanced treatment options from extremely qualified doctors. Following symptoms may be a sign of underlying lung cancer development.
- A cough that worsens and never goes away for a longer period.
- Even a small amount of blood in your cough might be an indication of lung cancer.
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulties.
- Sudden loss of weight, even without trying.
- Pain in the bones.
When to contact your doctor?
It is essential that you visit your Doctor if you experience any of the above symptoms persistently for a longer period. If you are a chronic smoker and experiencing these symptoms and other fatal medical conditions that concern you, then you can get Second medical opinion in India with the chest specialist or pulmonologist immediately.
Diagnosis of lung cancer
- Your lung specialist will first ask your medical history and check for any symptoms and signs.
- Chest CT scan or chest x-ray.
- Blood tests and sputum tests.
- Biopsy of your lung.
If you have been diagnosed with lung cancer, then you should Consult top oncologist in India. They will recommend PET scans or scans for particular areas, for checking parts of your body such as lymph nodes, to calculate how far lung cancer has spread. This process is known as staging. Diagnosing the stage and type of lung cancer can help the oncologist to decide best treatment options.
Treatment of lung cancer
Treatment for lung cancer depends upon your health condition, the type of lung cancer and the parts of your body the cancer has spread. They might recommend more than one treatment option for perfect recovery.
Treatment for small cell lung cancer
- Radiation therapy
- Laser therapy
- Endoscopic stent placement inside your body, which helps in removing abnormal tissue blockages in the airway.
Treatments for non-small cell lung cancer
- Surgery to remove the cancer tumours
- Radiation therapy
- Targeted therapy, which uses substances or drugs to destroy the cancerous cells without causing much damage to normal healthy cells.
- Laser therapy
- Photodynamic therapy, which destroys cancerous cells using laser light and medicines.
- Electrocautery, which kills abnormal cancer tissues using a heated needle or a probe.
- Cryosurgery that uses frozen instruments for killing abnormal cancer cells.
Tips for preventing lung cancer
- Quit smoking for protection of your lungs from cancer cells development. If you do not smoke, never start this harmful toxins exposure habits
- Avoid exposure to harmful substances such as asbestos, arsenic, radon, tar etc.
Medical value travel in India is a wonderful medical service that will help you obtain the best treatment from highly qualified and experienced oncologists to accomplish a healthy lung.
For a personalised treatment plan,video consultation with top doctors.
Click the below button